GreaterCapital is looking for a Consultant
GreaterCapital is a non-profit company providing impact advisory services. With a comprehensive range of products that span the social and economic development spectrum, we work with international agencies, the private sector, civil society organisations, the public sector, and social businesses. GreaterCapital helps organisations integrate social impact practices into their core business strategy so that, together, we can grow an inclusive African economy.
GreaterCapital seeks to appoint a Consultant to join our team in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating and managing client relationships so that they translate into revenues for the business, and managing the delivery of client commitments.
- Identify, build and manage long-term relationships with strategic partners in the development, CSI and social enterprise sectors;
- Identify and evaluate new markets for existing products, new products and other partnership opportunities to develop new and viable client relationships;
- Initiate and complete proposals, presentations, research collaborations, and strategic alliances that have a positive impact on revenue streams.
- Manage the delivery of projects according to client specifications;
- Manage workflow and resources within the consulting team;
- Monitor project budgets and revenue against those budgets;
- Assist in the writing of publications;
- Independently research issues around social impact and measurement in order to identify and contribute to best practise guidelines in different sectors;
- Support GreaterGood South Africa by engaging with key contacts in the non-profit, Government and commercial sectors to further the activities of the Trust.
- Post graduate degree in Development Studies, Monitoring & Evaluation, or other relevant Social Sciences degree;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the social development environment with a good understanding of the needs of funders/investors, client expectations and the needs and expectations of social mission organisations (non-profits as well as for profit social mission organisations);
- Exposure to measurement systems and reporting frameworks such as IRIS, Pulse, GRI or other reporting methodologies would be beneficial;
- Ability to structure workloads and projects without close supervision, and able to work collaboratively;
- Strong analytical skills (experience building, evaluating and clearly presenting complex business models is critical);
- Very strong communication and presentation skills;
- Proven experience of managing work flow and staff in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to effectively deal with a range of stakeholders;
- Very strong computer skills, particularly Excel, email, online and databases.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently;
- Valid SA driver’s licence;
Please submit a concise CV and a motivational letter to Liezl Hoffman at email@example.com by 1st April 2016. (GreaterCapital reserves the right not to appoint for this position.)